Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kathryn Hiegl's PSA for Animal Neutering

Hi Everybody.

I know it’s been a while since I’ve been online – my Pops/Ambassador of Kwan/webmaster has been really busy at work.

I’ve been thinking lately about how great it is to be a dog.  Specifically, how great it is to be a female dog.  My life is awesome.  I can be a little bitch all day, and my humans still love me and shower me with attention.  I go outside and do my business and my humans praise me & feed me treats like I just won the Kentucky Derby !  Please see below – this is another GREAT reason that I’m glad I’m a female.  You’ll find out why in a minute...

I wonder how my male dog friends feel about Katherine Heigl’s little video about neutering dogs.  Now don’t get me wrong: I’m okay with being neutered.  Personally, I had my ovaries removed when I was eight months old & I don’t even remember what I’m missing.

But Ms. Heigl’s unconventional Public Service Announcement while well-intentioned, makes me cringe and leaves me feeling a little queasy - and I don’t even have a set of balls.  I know it’s dark humor, and there is a reason behind what she’s doing.  But I think of my Cousin Sparty, and well... I feel for ya buddy !

Before you click the play button, please be warned: The video is not for everyone, and I’m not just talkin’ sensitive dogs.  While she doesn’t come across as a humanitarian in this video, she really is.  As a matter of fact, her and her mom founded an animal welfare organization in memory of her brother.  If it’s all the same to you though, I’ll keep my distance, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment