According to Hoyle,
- The substructure or foundation of a building.
- The lowest habitable story of a building, usually below ground level.
- Geology. A complex of undifferentiated igneous and metamorphic rocks underlying sedimentary strata.
- Slang. The last place or lowest level, as in competitive standings.
- Chiefly New England. A public toilet, especially one in a school.
While I am painting a pretty dim picture for all of you, it isn’t anywhere near that bad. My basement is totally finished, replete with leather chairs, comfortable carpet, nice warm cushions to sleep on. My Mommie and I have to spend our days in the basement while the construction guys work on remodeling our upstairs during the day.
I sure miss my sofa and the windows though.....